MedCart is a drug and healthcare equipment delivery service. Essentially, we provide people with an easier access to over-the-counter drugs and diagnostic devices through our mobile android app. We also focus on contraceptive items as we hope to contribute to mitigating the negative consequences of unsafe sexual practices and overpopulation.
- MedCart takes advantage of the growing use of the online space to market goods and services. We recognize that people are becoming more aware of and open to transacting virtually in their comfort zones. Thus, we operate through a mobile app.
- Users log into mobile app and select from between the available over-the counter medications like analgesics and antihistamines, diagnostic devices and contraceptives like condoms or pills, which they require. The order is registered after payment is made through the online payment portal and transited to our partner community pharmacy outlets that select and package the products.
- Our delivery agent then picks up the package and delivers it to the requested location in reasonable time. We have a large focus on helping people obtain items of contraception. This stems from the realization that many people are often hesitant to go to physical drugstores to procure these items because of the stigma attached to it. Because of our resolve to help see a reduction in the transmission of diseases and the proliferation of unwanted pregnancies, we provide a platform where people would find it easy to get these protective items comfortably without embarrassment.
- Easier,faster&better access to OTC and Diagnostics devices:We save people a lot of time wasted in queuing up at local pharmacies and we help lonely patients access drugs. We also ensure faster access to drugs for people dwelling in rural areas.
- Reduce STI incidence: The World Health Organization reports over 1 million new cases of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) yearly with about 75-80% occurring in developing countries. The organization also identifies that condoms are one of the most effective methods of preventing such infections. Our activities will promote the use of condoms and help reduce the incidence of STIs.
- Reduce unwanted pregnancy: According to an article by The Cable, a Nigerian news platform, Nigeria recorded 1.37million unwanted pregnancies in 2018 alone. The effect of this is damning to the socioeconomic status of the country. By improving access to effective contraceptive methods, the incidence of unwanted pregnancies is subtly mitigated.
- Educate the public: Information is a major tool through which many societal problems are resolved. By our health outreaches, we hope to educate people on measures to take charge of their health in order to live better lives.